Saturday, September 04, 2010

Week in Review

This was my first full week out of my babymoon and I was up and doing lots. I had three walks this week including walking up some crazy hills on Tuesday. It was only 1.7 miles to the park, but I went up 200 feet in elevation- or 20 stories if you need a visual. The round trip was 3.4 miles. Hot and sweaty. Isaac sleeps the best when I do these walks, though. He's much less fussy later in the day. We also got a nice shower afterward. Yay for my shower sling (thanks, Joy!)

No knitting other than working on his blessing outfit.

We did get our new Wonder Wash and have used it every morning. I tried cleaning the house this week, but I've decided that with two kids, I need to reassess my expectations.

I love our CSA. We had eggplant Parmesan for dinner the other day! I love that we get all sorts of varieties of heirloom tomatoes and eggplants and even melons. We have had a watermelon every week for the past month and none of them have been red. Yellow, orange, spotted seeds. Variety is fun.

We bought a couch from some friends, so we can actually sit next to each other for the first time since the move! We are moving up in the world.

Some links from this week:
Why Children Should Witness Breastfeeding in Public
101 Things to do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
Miracle mum brings premature baby son back to life with two hours of loving cuddles after doctors pronounce him dead
And PhDinParenting brought to light how Similac and Nestle have been giving breastfeeding "advice" that deceivingly undermines resolve (it's hard and will hurt for sure!) and the physical ability (supply? after "frequently" nursing your newborn every 3-4 hours, you won't have one next month!) to breastfeed.
On a happier note, a friend of mine is launching a support organization for women who go through miscarriage. They have a Facebook page.

For those of you who get Monday off, Happy Labor Day!


  1. Love those links! Will so be making use of the 101 things one. . .
    Glad you have such an awesome CSA and that you're getting out and about without trouble!

  2. I stumbled upon your blog from Lisa at Edwnwild. She told me how you blogged while you were pregnant and nursing. I just found out I was pregnant - we use fertility monitoring too (nfp). But we had been doing a horrible job charting and so ya here I am a few weeks pregnant. I read through a lot of your posts about nursing while pregnant. I'm quite nervous, I hope to continue nursing my now 15 month old son through out pregnancy and beyond. But I'm so happy I could read about your story. Hopefully I can do it. Anywyas I love your blog and your birthing story was amazing!!


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.