Friday, November 19, 2010

Day in the Life

I saw another blogger do a Day in the Life Post the other day and thought I'd do it since my blogging juices aren't at their peak at the moment. This was my Thursday.

I got up at 6:30 to go "running."

I was supposed to be done with the C25K program this week, but because we were sick last week, I never finished week 8, so I'm repeating it. I did a whole 2 miles in 28 minutes. Yes, it is slow. Yes, I can walk faster than that. But I blame the hills. We live on the top of a hill, so no matter what route I take, I must run up a hill at the end to get home. It's murderous and I'm slow, but oh well. Using, here's my elevation map from the run yesterday as proof (click to enlarge):
Here's my post-run sweaty face. (7:20)

Then I took my shower. I clean the bathtub for 2 minutes every time I shower since I use baking soda for both myself and the tub. I pick a new place I haven't cleaned in a while and clean it. This way I never have to find a 20 minute chunk of time without kids to clean the tub all at once. When that was done, I put the diapers outside to dry. McKay washed them during my run.

And Margaret and I had scrambled eggs for breakfast. 7:45)

I took McKay to work at 8:45 so he could get there at 9. Then I went to the grocery store and bought all the food we need for the next week. This was a big trip because I have 8 pies planned for next week. I love Thanksgiving.
When we came home, we were greeted by our guard spider.

Then I put the groceries away and took a picture of one of my fantastic finds. (10:00)
Then it was circle time time. I read to Margaret and sing songs. Here's "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."

Here's Isaac in my lap eating the camera strap. I don't remember Margaret putting everything in her mouth, but she probably did. We read the Abinadi story from the Book of Mormon Stories Reader along with some other books that Margaret picked out: Caps for Sale and The Pig Who Wished.

Margaret helped Isaac practice sitting up. He can do 2-5 seconds without me.

I let Margaret play and then at noon, I made up the leftovers from Wednesday night and we had a picnic on our circle time blanket.

Isaac took a nap.

Since it was still too early to get Margaret to bed for her nap, I thought I'd go to the bathroom and take pictures of my new looks. Here's the haircut McKay gave me last Saturday. I would prefer it shorter (like pixie), but at least it's off my neck.

And the new pair of glasses I bought the day before Halloween. Margaret destroyed my glasses a year ago and I was down to one pair of contacts left, so I needed to do something. Luckily there was a sale for $100 off frames.

Plus a free pair. This is my "nerdy dress up" pair.

After I got Margaret to sleep, I had to get Isaac to sleep again because his nose kept being stuffy and waking him up. I spent the rest of the afternoon holding him upright in my lap while he slept in order to keep his nose from getting clogged.

I did try to start a knitting project, but I didn't get very far.

5:15, everyone in the car to pick daddy up from work.

When we got home, we checked the mail and we got a package with some hair clips for Margaret. She's holding them here. Yay etsy.

I didn't get any more pictures, but we had an AWESOME dinner. We had turnips and onions braised with some greens we got from the CSA. Delicious. And some upama. It was good. After dinner, I went to my visiting teaching group (our ward considers the handbook to be more of a guideline than a rule). That was fun, but I forgot my camera so no pictures. Isaac came with me, but Margaret stayed home with McKay. And I finished the day by nursing my two babies asleep.


  1. I love posts like this! That is all :D

  2. This is apparently too late, but for future use:

    An old English professor of mine tipped me off to this awesome website.

  3. Great!

    Love the knitting pic. lol! I've soooo been there! For months at a time, even. ;-)

  4. For a second I about had a heart attack thinking your babe was forward facing, but then I realize they are both rear facing! Whew :) How great they can keep each other company! We just turned my 2yr old to FF.

  5. Tell me more about this VTing group? I am fascinated!


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.