Monday, November 29, 2010

Tweet Ups and Eat Ups

Last Saturday, I got to meet MarfMom of Musings of a Marfan Mom. You should read her blog because she's awesome. Isaac thought so:
She was planning on going to the Christmas Lighting Ceremony at the Oakland Temple and wanted to know if I wanted to come. Incidently I was going to be up on Temple Hill for something else at the same time, so I snuck away.

The program bigger deal than I thought. There was singing, ballet, orchestral music. And Santa doing the Mambo.

Here's Margaret with the lights.

In other news, I baked pies last week.

Cherry

Mint Chocolate Cheesecake

Key Lime

Butternut Squash Pies

French Apple

Not Pictured: The two pumpkin pies I made last Sunday. Not baked: Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. I'll get around to that one in December.

3 comments:

  1. If you like pecan pie, I have a recipe for Chocolate Pecan pie that my family loves. If I don't make it at Thanksgiving they threaten mutiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say you are blessed and lucky to be near the Oakland Temple. That was my temple for many years growing up on Northern California. I never saw the pagents there nor the lighting of the grounds, but just to be there and attend to the duties inside was a great blessing. It will always be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to see the Oakland temple lights most years of my childhood with a giant thermos of hot chocolate in tow. Great memories.

    But I never saw the pageant. They really had dancing Santa pairs? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.