Thursday, December 16, 2010

Battle Scars

These pictures don't do it justice, but my knee looks like someone took a large blunt object to it.

On Tuesday I fell while trying to unlock the gate to our apartment complex. I fell backwards, but somehow landed on my left knee and my right wrist- which also got some bleeding in.

I fell backwards while carrying the laundry on my back. And while wearing Isaac. And carrying Margaret. And trying to unlock the gate and then subsequently use my weight to pull the door open by the key. And then I lost my balance, fell backwards, and fell onto my knee and wrist.

The kids cried because they were scared by it, but I looked them over and the only blood spilt was my own and I took enough bruises for all of us.

I think the lesson is not to do my laundry anymore. It might have had something to do with the extra 70 pounds I was carrying as well.


  1. Ouch! I fell while carrying my daughter when she was about 11 months. Tripped over the dog leash. Scared the shite out of me to the point I was sobbing and shaking for nearly an hour. Baby got a small bump on her head, but I had a seriously scraped, bruised and swollen knee.

  2. Yes, Yes! Let McKay do the laundry! Obviously, it's not worth your life and limbs.


  3. Oh no! Sending you hugs! I hate when I get hurt like that, when I get scared I get very angry for a long time afterward. So sorry you fell, wish I could come over and help you around the house so you can ice those bruises.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.