Sunday, December 05, 2010


I'm working on a major project right now, so if I haven't emailed you or given you a high five lately, that's what's going on. In fact, yesterday I was so absorbed in this project that I wasn't attentive to broken community washer that our clothes didn't get full spin dry. I have to watch the washer to make sure the spin happens- and I was just not thinking at all. So now all our clothes are hanging in our apartment because 2 runs in the dryer wasn't good enough.

I turn 25 in a week.

We put up our Christmas tree yesterday. And made homemade biscotti.

Last night I dreamed about attending UC Berkeley for my grad work. Happy dreams.

McKay got the job and it looks like we'll be staying in the Bay Area. It also looks like I'll finally get to go to the dentist for the first time since we've been married. And maybe McKay will take a vacation day or two so we can get the car looked at. We haven't done that yet because if the car ends up staying in the shop overnight, McKay would have no way to get back and forth to work. Oh and we're going to buy a cell phone that actually has a working speaker and doesn't need to be put on speaker phone in order to work. Maybe we'll upgrade to an apartment with a washer and dryer that's not communal and broken. And a yard. Oooh!

I'll try not to let the fanciness get to my head.


  1. Hurray for getting the job! That's awesome! I fully support upgrading to an apartment with a non communal and broken washer!

    You are so young. And so wise. How did you learn so much wonderful eco-friendly naturalness at such a young age?!

    I had a dream last night that I gave birth at home to a baby the size of a 6 month old. Afterwhich I went and painted the temple gray. . .

  2. Congrats to both of you and have a wonderful birthday. I wish you all the best in this new year!

  3. Congrats to McKay. Having your own washer/dryer is a wonderful thing. I hope you get it.

  4. Hey, I'm in the bay area too (I'm a fellow MMB). But I don't mention it on my blog much b/c I'm a privacy freak. But I like to know who else is local. We are in SJ.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.