Monday, January 17, 2011

Life Update

Isaac is 6 months today. According to the scale this morning, he is a healthy 19 pounds. He has been sitting up on his own for about a month and army crawls. He can pull himself to standing on the couch or on me. He's very happy and loves to laugh at Margaret's antics. They can really get each other going. He has lots of chunks and a mullet. He lights up whenever he sees someone he loves.

Margaret is 2 and a half and loves parties. She likes to pretend she is a "Super Queen!" with a cape and a crown. She loves her friends and talks about them all the time. She loves books. She can really ham it up with Isaac and is hilarious.

McKay is enjoying his first full-time job with real benefits and is finishing up his thesis. And I got him a few video games for Christmas, so he's been working on those. Plant vs. Zombies!

Meanwhile, I'm around. I have a few ongoing projects and they are all going very well. I have a couple of blog posts in my queue and I don't really feel the need to add a lot to my plate. There are things I'd like to start up, but right now the feeling I'm getting is to just go with the flow and wait a few months to really start something big. I have enough things on the side to keep me busy: I'm leading the ward bookclub discussion of Anna Karenina next month, I just got called to teach Sunbeams, and I'm working out the logistics to get myself to the Women's Lives, Women's Voices conference and Sunstone West. I'm really excited about those. And if you head over to LDS Wave today, I have a couple of questions about serving the community- timely for today's MLK Day of service.

So that's what's up. I haven't been posting here as regularly as I used to, but I'm still around. I'm sure something big is right around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Your babies are so cute!

    Thank you for entering the Branchbound giveaway on my blog.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.