Thursday, February 03, 2011

Bloggy Absence

Last weekend Margaret had a fever for 3 days straight. I was hoping it would be something big like the chicken pox so we wouldn't have to worry about that again in the future, but it looks like it was just a cold. McKay was home Monday and Tuesday for a sinus infection. I spent Wednesday playing catch up and getting Margaret out to see a friend. Nothing got done at all. And last night Isaac had a blowout- for the first ever at night- and then threw up on me. He has a fever and I'm sure all those symptoms are teething-related.

I signed up for a 5k in March, but I haven't gone running since Monday. I was going to go this morning, but when 6:30 came around, I had been up for a couple of hours already and chose to sleep instead.

And today I get to trek the feverish baby to the library to return an overdue DVD.

This weekend I'm going out of town for a conference. I think I'm going to meet lots of cool people. I'm very excited. I'm excited about that, but I have to be back in time for teaching the Sunbeams this Sunday. It's my week for the lesson.

So to pretend that I actually blogged this week, here's a fuzzy picture. The ugly comforter is our back-up one we got from Freecycle a few years ago. Handy when you sleep with sick babies. And both of the babies fell asleep while nursing right before taking this photo. And you can see I'm reading Anna Karenina. I'm leading the book group discussion on it next week, so I need to hurry. I only have a hundred pages left so it'll go by quickly. Oh- and that's our thermometer, not a pregnancy test. I think if I got pregnant now I'd cry. For a long time.


  1. I was just telling my husband the other day that if I got pregnant again any time soon, I would cry...a lot. Sorry you guys have had the yuckies...between Bug and the Hubs, we had a whole week where I was stuck in nurse-mode. It was rough.

  2. urgh. Hope you all feel better soon! Have a great time this weekend!!

    I know what you mean about the pregnancy thing. I plan on having a looooong break after this one!!

  3. Sorry you've got sickies! That's no fun at all. Glad you've got nursing at least, and hope everyone is well soon!


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.