Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Fill-ins plus life update

1. For me, it was like lightning running through my body.

2. I have found dry alphabet soup noodles at my local supermarket.

3. Behind the sound of the wind in the trees, I heard a bird! No, a plane! Superman!

4. To write well is something I always wanted to do.

5. When it was over, we were closer than ever.

6. I was only one person but I never felt alone.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to pizza night, tomorrow my plans include hanging out with friends and Sunday, I want to do some writing!


I don't think I've done a life update in a while. What have we been up to?

Isaac is going to be 9 months soon. He can stand on his own for a second or so and is very fast in the crawling department. He has something around 5 rolls on each arm. Very yummy. It's a wonder my children aren't eaten up by the time they turn 1. He's slowly getting used to solid food, but is still 98% breastfed. I haven't noticed any blood in his stools lately, so that's good. His rat tail is the most awesome thing ever and he is quite the chatter box. No idea what he is saying, but he has lots to say! Margaret never talked this much ever.

Margaret is now 3 and is more of a little girl than a toddler now. She makes up her own songs and plays on her "pot guitar." She also keeps talking about her "violin teacher." She is not taking violin at the moment, but we should probably look into it in a year since she's really into the idea. She also loves the library and running errands. You'd be surprised at how exciting the post office is to a three year old.

McKay is working on his thesis. He had a little set back last weekend, but we're hoping he'll defend it in May. Most of it is written, but there's a little bit of research that needs to get added. He's also having an awesome time at Pixar- he'll be moving buildings this month, so he'll get a kind-of-like-a-corner office. Haha!

I am so very busy. Highlights from the last two weeks include finishing our taxes! Oh my goodness, I think I probably spent over 10 hours doing and re-doing the taxes for our little family. I do not look forward to the day when we own a house and I have to figure out how to do all the real estate tax stuff. In celebration of the end of taxes, we went out for gyros and gelato.

I took a 2 week victory break after the 5k, but have started running again this week. There's a suicide prevention walk/run at the end of May that I think I'm going to sign up for. I'm also working on an art project that I want to submit (due May 1!) so that's what I'm doing during nap times. Knitting is on hold for this, though I have a knitting project I want to finish before the county fair. So many deadlines!

There's also a possibility of us moving. It's a hard decision because the pros/cons are so close! I think the biggest con is the kitchen. Our current kitchen is full of cabinets and counter space and it's pretty hard to beat that. But we'd be able to garden in this other place! And eat duck eggs! Another con is that we'd have to park in the street, which doesn't feel as safe as our parking garage, BUT we wouldn't have to pay utilities in the other place or quarters for laundry! (And it's mostly solar powered!) But the layout of the apartment isn't as centralized as the one we are in now. But there's no carpeting in the new place, so spills will be easier to clean up. But our feet will be colder. But if a kid pees or spits up it won't get into the carpet and become smelly. It keeps going like that, channeling Tevye: On the other hand... On the other hand...

1 comment:

  1. Parking on the street really isn't so bad. You get used to it. We live on a pretty busy street, with a two-year-old.

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.