Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Deodorant and Mopping Solution

On Friday, I mentioned my Cast-on-a-thon that I'm doing on my knitting blog. Not all of my "casting on" of projects are knitting projects and I thought I'd share 2 on this blog that some of you might be interested in.

I use a natural deodorant. I had been using Funk Butter until I ran out and decided that I didn't really want to pay more for shipping. I've been deodorant-free for months; I really don't know how long, but I saved my old Funk Butter tin for future use.

I used the Instructables Deodorant tutorial and made some lavender scented deodorant for myself.  I use about a pea-sized amount per arm.

Also, for my cast-on-a-thon, I made some wood floor cleaner! I had been putting off mopping the wood floors because I wanted a cleaner. I made up my own recipe for this based on other recipes around the Internet:

1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
a few drops of tea tree oil
water to fill the rest of the bottle


The bottle came from the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse for a quarter and I also got a squirt attachment for the bottle for easy application on the floors. Now our floors have their own special salad dressing! I just need to remember to shake it well before use.

5 comments:

  1. christine6:25 PM

    Deodorant question: will it work well on unshaved armpits? I am a sporadic shaver, so on any given day I am usually sprouting quite a patch on my pits. I am also a (tmi) very heavy sweater and I reek like a man... any hope for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give it a little more time before I make a decision on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both great ideas! Aluminum deodorant scares me, but I have yet to find a good alternative. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used straight baking sode, which works okay, but makes my pit itch like crazy. The funk butter says it's baking soda based, did you have any issues with itch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Have you read the book Clean house Clean planet? It might have some good ideas for you, all natural.

    Mandi

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.