Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sufferin' Succotash

We've been drowning in summer vegetables for the past month and plan on drowning for another month or more. This recipe came with our CSA box and we've eaten it 3 times already, so I thought I'd share it, just in case you are drowning in vegetables as well. So here's some succotash!

1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2-3 ears sweet corn, cut off the cob
4-6 tomatoes, cut in fourths
1-2 cups green beans, de-stemmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
2-3 pieces of summer squash, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
4-6 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper
crumbled feta cheese

Saute the chapped onions in the olive oil in a large skillet until translucent. Add the quartered tomatoes, flattening them as you add them to the onions to release their juices. Toss in the chopped green beans. Add the summer squash. Then add the sweet corn. Add the minced garlic. Simmer covered until all the veggies are tender, about 20-25 minutes. Top with crumbled feta cheese.

It's very yummy and easy to make. You'll feel good about using up your vegetables before they go bad!

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking about doing a CSA next year. This year, I invested in a very large vegetarian recipe book. I thought it would be a good idea for summer and following the Word of Wisdom more closely. The recipe book has helped me realize that I can pretty much stir fry all my veggies that I have and need to use, through in a little cooked grain (of my choice...usually quinoa, 'cause I love that stuff) and voila!...a healthy meal!


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.