Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Fill-ins

1. When I walk around my neighborhood I see urban chickens, free stuff on the curb, and people digging through the recycling to find glass and metal for money.

2. A grilled sandwich is my favorite thing to cook.

3. Life is about love.

4. My knitting makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

5. Butternut squash is my favorite Autumn vegetable.

6. Sleeping is better when it is chilly and dark longer.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to pizza night, tomorrow my plans include the Relief Society General Broadcast and Sunday, I want to knit!

It's really a shame I didn't do the pictures this week because this week was much more reflective of my breakdown weeks than last week. Days that Margaret naps are great. All the others... not so much.

Today we are celebrating the Equinox over here and getting ourselves ready for fall. I'll share pictures tomorrow. Margaret's favorite season is autumn and her favorite holiday is Halloween (seriously talks about it all year) so we're in for some fun soon!

Also, HoboMama shared this post about a toddler meltdown in her Google feed that greatly resembled Margaret's own meltdown yesterday. She really really didn't want me to bring the cloth grocery bags with us to the store. And there was lots of screaming. Our neighbor across the street asked if it was one of those days when nothing is right. I replied that, "Well, everything is not right." It's hard to get down on a toddler's level when you have a baby in a sling, but we did wait it out and Margaret didn't run off at the store like I had anticipated. So that was good.

Also, it's been more than a week ago, but thank you to Alisa for linking to me. She linked to me as a Christian AP Parenting blog. While I do consider myself a Christian and a parent, I don't think of myself as a Christian Parenting blogger. In fact, I don't mention religion all that often (and have been criticized for it by other Mormons) but it does come up occasionally and I'll mention it when it's important to me. I do try to be a gentle person with my children. After all, if the zombie apocalypse comes or aliens attack and we all die, between me and my children, mine is the salvation that's up for grabs. The kids deserve respect. Lots of it. And I try to give it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.