Sunday, September 18, 2011

Saturday

My every-hour-on-the-hour alarm is not set for weekends, so Saturday's pictures are more sparse.

8 am. Stripping the beds and doing laundry. For the first time in a while (maybe ever?) Isaac's nighttime diaper wasn't able to handle a morning poo and we had to wash everything. Of course, he had gone almost 48 hours without a good poopy diaper, so it was going to happen eventually.


9 am. Getting my basket ready for the baby shower. I try to give a breastfeeding basket, full of everything you might need on hand when you're stuck under a small child who is nursing and/or fell asleep and getting up is going to be a problem. In this basket, I gave the Womanly Art, nursing pads (actually some Bamboobies I  bought when they had a sale during World Breastfeeding Week), lanolin, juice, snacks, a pad of paper and a pen, a knitted baby hat, a knitted toy owl, and information on local LLL meetings.


10 am Margaret really wanted to be there when I gave the basket to my friend, so she came with me to the shower.

11 am I was at the shower and 12 pm we were leaving. No pictures of those times

1 pm. McKay sitting on the couch. He did all the laundry while I was gone with Margaret.

2 pm. Isaac is up from his mini nap and I'm working on a mitten for Margaret. So many ends to weave in! I'm not actually happy with the project, but Margaret is excited, so I'll do it for her.

3 pm. We have kids.

4 pm. And they watch TV while I blog. McKay was gone at this point for the Priesthood leadership session of stake conference.

5 pm. Margaret eating dinner.

6 pm. McKay is home and the kids are happy. I left at 6:30 for the adult session of conference.  I had the hardest time figuring out what knitting to bring with me to conference and I had to come back and get my yarn after I was already part way there. But I can't go to stake conference without my knitting. That would be blasphemy.

7 pm. Look! Knitting in my lap at stake conference! The world is good.

8 pm. Rest hymn. Conference was actually really good. It started off with a bang: a talk on not conforming (and not judging those, including ourselves, who don't conform to whatever we thing they/we should), a talk on single parenthood, a talk on patience, a conversion story, and a talk on sharing our excesses with whomever lacks. Plus 2 hours of uninterrupted knitting time.


9 pm. On my way home. Dirty windshield!

4 comments:

  1. Two things:
    1. Why are your family/self pictures so gorgeous? I always appear red and puffy looking. Your day to day looks so beautiful.
    2. As a non-mom, I think your basket would totally rock to receive. It looks warm and cozy and makes something that kinda scares me look not scary. After attending many showers, I think many people need this basket of comfort and support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rather enjoying this series. Your breastfeeding support basket is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that little owl toy! How did you make that? I'm just barely getting into knitting, but maybe I could eventually pull off cute little toys like that. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had gotten your breastfeeding basket, it is super cute and really would be handy.

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.