Friday, January 20, 2012

Hi

Popping in and saying "hi" since it's been a week since I've posted here. I had lots of ideas this morning, but forgot all of them, so I'm winging this post.

I've been very busy. The early days this week were taken over by knitting and designing. I'm intend for most of the year to be commandeered by knitting and designing. That's the direction I want to go in right now.

Breastfeeding took up the last half of my week. Lots of stuff has been going on in lactivism lately: most importantly is the FB nurse-in scheduled for Feb. 6. The link to the Bay Area one is here, but this is a combined effort and includes FB offices worldwide. Perhaps there is one close to you!

In Mormon-ness, I posted today on the Exponent about a new blog called It's Time for Sharing, focused on Primary lessons. Check it out!

In food, I've really been enjoying January in California: ORANGES! Our CSA box has given us 3.5 pounds of oranges every week for the past 3 weeks. Some recipes we've tried recently include Orecchiette with Rapini and Goat Cheese, Broccoli and Mei Qing Choi Stir Fry (we also added fennel), Schinkenroellchen (leeks wrapped in ham and then baked with eggs and cheese on top), Spinach Salad with Mandarin Oranges, Collards and Rice, and Garlic Parsnip Fries (added rutabaga to this as well). We are trying a couple new ones this next week, too: Delicata Squash with lime butter and Quinoa linguini and romanesco (though, with just quinoa, not quinoa linguini).

In feminism, Are Women People? is a blog post that includes some suffragist poetry. Very fun to read.

We finished catching up with Dr. Who. It's over, alas! The Silence haunts my dreams: and I only know because tick marks show up on my arms in my dreams. Tonight's Netflix is 2001: A Space Odyssey, so I anticipate getting a lot more knitting done.  I should go start the pizza dough for pizza night. And that's all I remember right now. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.