Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rain Painting

I got this idea from the Internet, I'm sure.

We had rain all last week. And it's coming back in a few days. This rainy day activity took up a total of 10 minutes, but that's 10 minutes that the kids weren't crawling on me, so that's a plus.

I bought some watercolor paper at the store and Margaret and I dripped food coloring on the sheet and then put them out in the downpour. Observe:

video

We brought them in and let them dry. Margaret's is the one on the right. Mine is on the left. Since we don't use food coloring any more, this was a great way to put it to use.


2 comments:

  1. That's fun, I tried to do this once when the boys were little but I did it on regular paper...that didn't work so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea. We live up near Seattle and will have *plenty* of opportunities to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.