Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This Fortnight in Homeschooling

It's actually been over 2 weeks since I've blogged. Spending too much time watching soaps and eating bon bons.

Actually, that's a lie. No one does that these days. We play video games instead.

A couple of weekends ago we went to the Maker Faire!

Margaret and Isaac drove robots.

And we hula hooped. I'm wearing Isaac on my front in the mei tai in this picture. Having a small person attached to you makes hula hooping more difficult.

We saw lots of interesting things: the Tesla stage was exciting, the bikes, the flight simulator, the bees, the fire breathing mechanical dragon, etc. But I wanted to share this picture because it's so pretty. This is a sculpture made entire out of masking tape. It was probably the size of our dining room and living room put together. Or bigger. This is a close up.

We also saw the eclipse. Here are the crescents made from the eclipse shining through the trees.

And from our viewing box. I only saw a partial eclipse, but it was fun. At its fullest, our solar panels were only getting 75 watts, when it normall has 10 times that much at that time of day.

And this picture is from a walk to the library. There is a section of sidewalk that is raised and the kids think it is a stage, so here they are performing.
So we've been doing things!

I don't feel like linking to the books we've been checking out because that takes time. And we've been to the park many many times in the past couple of weeks as well, but I don't have pictures of all of it.

1 comment:

  1. How do you find out about things like the Maker's Faire? I want to take my son to stuff like this.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.