Monday, November 05, 2012

Inquisition Monday: Baby Prep

Betttina asked, "Inq Mon: how will your life change with 3 kids? How are you preparing DS?"
To the first question, I have no idea. We'll probably have to get another carseat and maybe a car. Maybe. I want to see if we can swing carfree for a little while longer.

I probably won't be as rested as I was after having Isaac. Margaret was still taking naps when he was born, so I often got a little bit of afternoon to myself. Unfortunately, while Isaac still needs a nap, he rarely gets one. Sometimes we are at parks in the afternoon, but most often I spend an hour nursing or lying down with Isaac and almost get him to sleep until... Margaret comes into the room wondering what's taking so long and then Isaac is up and naptime is over. So probably less rest and time to myself. I'm not really looking forward to that.

Other than that I think life will be as normal: taking kids to parks and classes, knitting, podcasting, blogging. I plan on getting serious about starting my own business once the baby is past the baby stage, but that will be a while.

As for preparing Isaac, I've mentioned previously we are watching birth videos. I think we'll also get him a baby doll for Christmas. Margaret has one, but they tend to fight over it. We have childcare lined up for if I go into labor during the day. I'm not sure what else to do to get him ready. For sleeping arrangements, we have a toddler bed and he's actually been sleeping in that a lot of the nights. He still nurses once or twice a day and seems pretty attached to it. I don't think he'll wean before the baby comes, but if he does, I'm ok with that. We'll find out.

So that's it for now! I'm attempting to "nest" this pregnancy and I'll post about that later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.