Monday, July 01, 2013

Quick Poll: Baseball Fashion

So on Wednesday I'm going to a baseball game. After the game, we are staying for the fireworks as an early Independence Day celebration. Yay Red, White, and Blue!

The game? Well, I'm in Oakland, so I'm obviously going to an A's game. Go green!

The opponents? The Cubs. I grew up in a suburb on the northwest side of Chicago. Go Blue, red, and white!

I'm going with a bunch of A's fans, so if I'm going to fit in, I have to go green!

But... but... does that make me a fair weather fan for the Cubs? Who's going to believe in them if I don't? I can't do that! We'll win the World Series again someday, we will!

But, I love Oakland. And I'm going to be here for the rest of my foreseen life. If it were any other A's game, I'd be donning green and yellow like a proud Oaklander. Two of my kids were born in this town.

Help me. I need to go to the store to buy some colors or wear. Green and yellow? Red, white, and blue?

Who do you root for? The team of your childhood or the team of your future? Share in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Go green. Live in the moment. Did you really even enjoy your childhood THAT much to enshrine it for life in the guise of a baseball team?

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.