Saturday, August 31, 2013

Thrift

The Proper Mormon Woman (TM) eschews high fashion and luxuries. When tempted by a $100 haircut in a fancy salon, she chooses to clip her own hair, for modesty and thrift adorn all her actions.



Or something like that.

I look hot. And you all are jealous of the awesome 'do that I just cut myself.

I've never cut my own hair before and it feels awesome to do it myself. Hair used to be this complicated thing. I've been cutting McKay's for years, but women's hair? That's way too complicated! It's not, though. All you have to do is cut off the parts that you don't want anymore. Also, try not to cut your fingers (I failed that part).

I hope it still looks good once it dries.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Something I've been toying with doing for myself... So yeah, I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! A few months ago I started getting my hair cut super short, maybe an 1.5 inches on top and almost sheared on the sides and back. Just before I went for my last cut I briefly considered just buying clippers and doing it myself. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo. I am definitely inspired by this brave move. It looks good, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.